Sunday 14 November 2021

The Curtain Closes on the 2021 Riding Season

Squeezed in one after work ride last week before the curtain fell on this year's riding season (I hang 'em up when it takes me longer to clean the salt off the bike than the ride was).  We're looking at a weather warning tonight and snow all week.  Yay...









Over the weekend I got the end of year maintenance done.  Both bikes got a deep clean and an oil and filter change and can now hibernate with clean oil, ready for snows to recede in 2022.  Over the winter the Tiger's getting new chain and sprockets and the Concours is pretty much just ready to go, which is good because that's why I got it.




Meanwhile, the '71 Bonneville continues to be dismantled in an archeological manner and I'm waiting on my first order from British Cycle Supply Co..  They should get me to a point where I can actually start the motor for the first time!