The only time I had to go out to the garage was to blow out the caliper pistons with compressed air, otherwise it was some light bench work while watching a very pretty film.
I'm still monkeying around with 3d modelling tools. I'm trying different resolution settings on the Structure Sensor. I also tried using itseez3d instead of the factory software. It made for an interesting variation (itseez3d uses the ipad camera to take a lot of texture photos which it mixes into the model).
It only took me a couple of hours to sort out the fronts and have everything looking sharp. Blowing out the pistons was a bit trickier as there are two on the front and the smaller one (less surface area) didn't come right out with the air. I'm worried that I scored them too much removing them. I guess I'll see when I put them all back on the bike.
|The front calipers are cleaned up and blown apart, waiting for their rebuilds, probably later this week.|
|3d model of the rear caliper reassembled.|
|Compared to the rusty lump it was before, it's night and day. I can't wait to feel the change.|
|The rusty, pockmarked disk bolts got dremelled clean and repainted too.|